Sunday, December 21, 2008

Wishing you a Merry Christmas

Despite the fact that I will not be home this year to help you celebrate this holiday season, I am wishing you all a very Merry Christmas. I pray that your time off from work or school is a restful occasion for both you and your families. For those of you who are traveling, I pray that you make it to and from your destination safely. In my desperate attempt to make December, the hot season here, feel like the holidays back home, I have been listening to Christmas songs and watching Christmas movies like crazy. It was Charlie Brown this morning that reminded me, whether I am here or there, the one true reason for Christmas does not change.

I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.
Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. Amen. Mark 2:10b - 11

Merry Christmas to all my family and friends!


1 comment:

brad said...

You're the one gone this year! (Of course I guess I will be gone again too... but you are farther... so I think I win this year...)

It won't really feel like Christmas to me either, until I get home. I don't know how you Californians can ever tell when the holidays are coming!

Thanks for the Merry Christmas, and of course, the same wishes and prayers go back to you. Holidays in foreign places are tough, but as I learned, and as you said, the true reason for Christmas relies not on a location and all we have to do is look up to see His blessings. That is something that I had to travel to a different continent to come to a deeper understanding of as well. My Christmas abroad was tough, but amazing and a memory I am glad that I have. I pray that you will be able to say the same (at least the amazing part ;-) ). If I haven't told them to you already, we'll have to compare stories later...

Merry Christmas Amy!