Saturday, December 13, 2008

Turkey Day

This holiday was filled with lots of friends and fabulous food. After working a half day (because they don’t celebrate Thanksgiving here), I went home, prepared my part of the Thanksgiving meal (salad with the fixings) and headed over to the Bussell's residence. This is a family from school, but they are actually from California as well. We played a few games with everyone that was there, and then went around the room taking turns to say what we were thankful for this last year. It was hard to think of just one. Dinner was next. We all gobbled down what you might call close to a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Yes, there was turkey, which is hard to come by here. Along with stuffing, a green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, rolls, and a homemade pumpkin pie. While it was all very good, I have to admit, it didn’t come close in comparison to my mom’s cooking. Later that night at home, I got to talk with the fam. We use a Skype webcam to talk which makes our calls a bit more personal. It made my day to see their faces and catch up with what things are going on at home. I miss you guys!


The following day (Friday), we also had off from school. So, we took the opportunity to travel to a place about 45 minutes out of the city, called Paradise Lost. This was a beautiful recreational area where we went on a few hikes, ventured in some caves, swung from some overhanging vines, went for a boat ride, and had a picnic lunch.










1 comment:

brad said...

You must be moving up in the world, last year rolls, this year salad! Congrats! I was actually wondering about the turkey...

This pics of Paradise Lost are amazing, but again I find myself wanting to see at least one more... and oddly enough it is somewhat "monkey" related yet again... Swinging from vines?! Where is that one?! At least you were actually able to find the "caves" this time... ;-) but I would hesitate to call those "boats"...

PS Thanksgiving was a highlight for me as well... Thanks... ;-)