Monday, July 7, 2008

Pre-Field Training


I just returned home from a two week training in Southaven, Mississippi (15 min. from downtown Memphis, Tennessee). For the first time, I experienced Elvis country. Besides admiring the history of the South, I also attended classes everyday. The purpose of this training was to prepare overseas teachers for the individual culture they will enter. Can we say... information overload. I had no idea there was so much to prepare. However, I came out on the other end more knowledgeable about the mission field in Africa.


I met 6 of our current staff members at West Nairobi School. They are great!! While I don't look forward to saying goodbye to my home, I do look forward to connecting with these people again. I am thankful for the peace that God has given me during this time.

12 comments:

Divine in the Daily EJPhotography said...

i am proud of you!!!

i posted a couple of pictures of you and sarah from our breakfast the other day.

view them here (you may have to search for them type in "amy".

http://flickr.com/photos/joeandsarah/

Erin Ralls said...

I will miss you terribly but you will have such an amazing experience there, will be praying for ya!

Cari said...

It was sooo wonderful to see you for a little bit this morning. Know I will be praying and standing in the gap for you my precious sister. I look forward to be more informed of you than ever before (isn't that sad that it took you going to Africa for us to keep in such daily contact?) God bless and keep you while we are apart.

Amy said...

Thanks JOE! I looked up your pictures. Sarah and I finally have some with just us. You have a gift for this photography thing.

Unknown said...

Hey Amy - One of the girls in the locker picture looks to be as short as I am! Aren't you proud that I looked at your blog!

Mary

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Very proud Mary! Thanks for checking in! And thank you every body for your prayers!

Unknown said...

Wow- so you are you "there" yet? Or are you still in Austria? Hopefully you've had a good journey. Wish me luck on mine.... And I'm proud of Mary too. :-)

brad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brad said...

I would say I hope you enjoy your time in Austria, but I know you will whether I say so or not! How could you not with a good old midwestern boy around? ;-)

Have a safe rest of your travels... Can't wait to hear more...

McIntyres said...

Hey Miss. Polhemus,
It's me Miranda. How are you? I really miss you. How was your summer? Do you like it in Africa? What is your class like? My new teacher is Mrs. DeWall. Madeline and Dustin are also in my class. This summer my cat had more kittens. We have almost given them all away. We have three left. Would you send me your e-mail address? Mine is doraspal@clearwire.net. I hope you write back soon. Bye.
Love
Miranda